The Company – Milence
The transition to a sustainable and fossil free road transport across Europe is possible. We accelerate this transition by building and managing a reliable, high-performance charging network that you can trust. Our charging stations are designed to provide the best rest and recharge experience.
We achieve it with the right people and innovative ideas. People, who are ready to support and accelerate the future of clean road transport in Europe in an approachable way. As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams that embrace the possibilities of a progressive and sustainable future, with reliability at its core.
While our main offices are in the Netherlands, we are not letting this stop us from working with the best talent across Europe. Our goal is to make a real difference not only within Europe but also on a global scale. After all, we have only one world.
Reliability is the cornerstone of accelerating the shift to electric transportation. Only by being extremely reliable can we guarantee seamless charging at Milence. The collaboration among our teams fosters cross-functional synergy, ensuring we provide of the best rest and recharge experience.
Our Technology specialists focus on R&D, charging, energy storage, and (cyber)security. The Digital Factory is responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of digital products and services, ensuring their alignment with the latest technological advancements. Our Data experts ensure data quality, governance, insights, analytics and reporting. They facilitate charging sessions, network planning, and real-time reservations. Network Operations is the central hub of on-site operations, monitoring site activity and maintenance. Asset Management, supported by site engineers, is responsible for pro-active maintenance and investment decisions. They manage the assets of charging infrastructure, security solutions, power distribution, and facilities.
As a Security Specialist, you contribute to large, technically complex assignments in which hardware, ICT and security software are integrated into a system.
- You are the Milence main expert and go-to person regarding the solution design, technology options, delivery and management of security, monitoring and access control systems for our safe & secure parking solution.
- You have a keen eye for the current needs and future functionalities to be developed with 3rd parties.
- You oversee the product/system acceptance from the manufacturers to guarantee the functionality and quality of the system by testing the correct operation and specifications. You also ensure the reliability of the products and services to deliver our promise to our clients.
- You are the main contact person on behalf of Milence technology towards our suppliers. In cooperation with the procurement team, you are responsible for maintaining a good relationship and upholding the contractual agreements made.
- You assist our operations and site deployments teams as technical advisor, either for site engineering details before building or to support with troubleshooting and follow up with manufacturers in case of malfunctions with our installed based.
- You carry out assignments in the context of software and release management, such as upgrading and/or implementing (new) software applications.
The main location for the job is our Arnhem office.
Who are we looking for?
- Secondary vocational education in fields such as Information Security, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines. MBV or TBV (Mechanic or Technical Security Installations) diploma is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining integrated safety and security systems. Industrial site or bigger scale project experience is desired.
- Demonstrable experience with access control systems, video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and suppression systems, and other relevant security technologies.
- Experience with integrating diverse technologies from different vendors.
- Familiarity with networking principles, protocols, and security standards.
- End-to-end project experience with installations for building-related technology (safety, security, building automation, and monitoring).
- Strong communication skills to discuss technical issues with various stakeholders at different levels, both internal and external.
- Hands-on mentality, positive attitude, and a drive for continuous learning.
- Your English is excellent; any additional European language is advantageous.
- You underline our mission and values (reliable, sustainable, approachable, progressive and fast-paced), and enjoy learning new things.
- You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily connect with others in informal ways.
- We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package; with on target annual incentive is 20% - with a maximum of 40%.
Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive pension plan and unlimited vacation days.
We have flexible (hybrid) working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
At Milence, we know that life can go in many directions, and there’s more than one way to be knowledgeable. That’s why we value diversity; regardless of how you got here, if you’re interested in one of our roles, we want to hear from you. In our experience, if you don’t tick every box, you may be wary about applying. Yet, we invite you to apply to drive the innovation and creativity needed to realise our mission.
Be a part of a sustainable future and apply now! Please submit your resumé in English.