Public Affairs Manager - Nordics
The Company – Milence
Established in July 2022, we are dedicated to making the future of road transport fossil-free. By building and managing reliable and secure high-performance charging solutions, our mission is to support and accelerate the transition to zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles in Europe. The team is working quickly to scale up operations and network deployment.
As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams who are dedicated to our vision of a world of fossil-free transport, which will go on to combat climate change.
With a focus on sustainable growth and the best possible collaboration among all stakeholders, we are looking for colleagues who are eager to make an impact and ready to support and accelerate the zero-emission future of road transport in Europe
While our Dutch offices are in Amsterdam and Arnhem, our focus is distinctly pan-European and we are expanding to several other European countries in 2023.
The Growth department plays a critical role in driving the growth of Milence's activities and is specifically focused on the charging network rollout. The department is comprised of four teams: Network Development, Commercial, International Business Development and Public Affairs.
The Network Development team is responsible for establishing partnerships to ensure successful network expansion and concretely acquiring sites.
The Commercial team is tasked with achieving Milence's commercial targets and includes Customer Relationship and Sales Management.
The International Business Development team focusses on managing associations, sales and relationship management to OEMs, building alliances with large corporates for pilot programs.
The Public Affairs team represents Milence interests with local and international lawmakers and work closely with authorities to stay up-to-date and aligned with legislation, compliance, and new developments within the public domain.
Your job is to advance Milence’s public policy advocacy agenda mainly in the Nordics countries, in support of its network expansion plans. There is also a possibility to support on the United Kingdom Market. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Devise advocacy strategies and policy positions to help pass favorable legislations, influence regulations, and achieve public policy outcomes that can help accelerate Milence network rollout;
- Develop strong, enduring strategic relationships with ministries, administrations, regulators, , trade associations, consumer groups, EV (infrastructure) associations, and other stakeholders in policy and technology discussions;
- Participate and represent the organization in national and regional industry working groups and public forums to promote the adoption of heavy duty vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Track, monitor and analyze relevant regional legislation and technical standardization development initiatives. Identify opportunities and risks to the business while finding creative paths to public policy success;
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Management team; colleagues from the Partnership team; Operations Department and the Customer and Market Department;
- Develop an active awareness of the competitive landscape, and serve as a general port-of-call for all issues related to HDV charging infrastructure and e-mobility in general the Nordic countries;
You will report to the Head of Public Affairs and Regional Director and will work closely with the local and international Milence team.
Since we are an exciting new start-up, not all responsibilities have been defined yet, meaning you have the opportunity to help us shape your position further.
For this job you can be based in Sweden or Denmark and you will be visiting the offices in the Netherlands regularly to meet your international team.
Who are we looking for?
- You have ~5 years’ experience in public affairs or policy making, and have demonstrated record of advocacy success.
- Relevant experience in the trucking business, a technology company or trade associations and/or knowledge of electromobility or electric vehicle charging infrastructure. Experience in the broader energy or mobility industry is a plus.
- Good understanding of technology and the ability to translate and communicate complex technical issues to public authorities.
- You are eager to understand the market of electric trucking and master it together with the rest of the teams.
- You are a strategic thinker, problem solver and active go getter in one and have a strong network in the at least one of the Nordic countries, with policymakers and relevant stakeholders. It’s a plus if you also have worked in United Kingdom.
- Cultural and political sensitivity, with a proven ability to take an inclusive approach by working internationally with central, regional and country organizations.
- Your English is excellent and you speak fluently Danish or Swedish.
- You have a high learning potential - you quickly learn new skills, environments, people, are resilient.
- You underline our mission and values (specifically: reliable, sustainable and fast-paced).
- You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily engage others in various ways.
- We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
- We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there where it all began.
- A high energy environment which you can help to shape in various aspects, where you learn every day and where there is ample room for personal development and support.
- We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
- Base salary level is tailored to the responsibilities of the role; and you will also be eligible for a on target annual incentive of 20% - with a maximum of 40%.
- We have flexible (hybrid) working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
Please submit your resumé in English.