Product specialist – Battery Energy Storage Systems
The Company – Milence
Established in July 2022, we are dedicated to making the future of road transport fossil-free. By building and managing reliable and secure high-performance charging solutions, our mission is to support and accelerate the transition to zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles in Europe. The team is working quickly to scale up operations and network deployment.
As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams who are dedicated to our vision: a world of fossil-free transport, which will go on to combat climate change.
With a focus on sustainable growth and the best possible collaboration among all stakeholders, we are looking for colleagues eager to make an impact and ready to support and accelerate the zero-emission future of road transport in Europe.
While our Dutch offices are in Amsterdam and Arnhem, our focus is distinctly pan-European and our team is growing throughout the continent.
The CTO department plays a pivotal role in orchestrating the technical facets of our hardware value chain. Our purview spans a wide spectrum, encompassing everything from cutting-edge charging and energy storage technologies to robust entry-gate and security solutions. This comprehensive scope also extends to critical domains such as cyber security, digital services, and energy-related services. To meet the demands of this diverse landscape, our department thrives on a rich tapestry of expertise, spanning a multitude of subjects.
Our journey is at its inception as we embark on the formidable task of establishing a Pan-European charging network tailored to battery-electric long-haul trucks. The canvas is yet to be painted; every stroke is a discovery, and every element is in the process of being built. The challenge lies in the fact that both the electric trucks and the charging solutions are evolving. What we do know, unequivocally, is that these electric trucks will be voracious energy consumers, and the reliability of our chargers will be instrumental in our triumph. Equally important is our commitment to ensuring compatibility across all truck makes and platforms. Thus, forging close partnerships with our suppliers and truck OEMs becomes paramount in this new frontier.
Within our team, we foster close collaboration with other divisions within Milence to ensure that our portfolio boasts precisely the right solutions. Furthermore, our engagement extends outward, as we align ourselves with market players to exert influence where necessary and to craft the most exemplary solutions for our expansive network.
As a product specialist for Battery Energy Storage Systems and Photovoltaic Solutions, you will be the technical expert responsible of these assets specification, archetype solution design and overall continuous performance optimization. The activities to cover in this position:
- Owner of the solar and BESS archetype solution i.e. design, technology specification, and components to ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Technical leadership for procurement/tender of PV & BESS;
- Lead of product acceptance process covering from technical performance to operational onboarding;
- Offer expert advice on the integration of solar panels and battery energy storage systems with electrical grids, ensuring grid stability and optimal energy management to Milence locations.
- Analyze system performance data & energy modelling to identify areas for optimization and efficiency improvements in solar and BESS installations.
- Collaborate with the technology cross-functional team to offer holistic solutions that align with the company’s sustainability and business objectives;
- Support of Deployment team for engineering reviews for ongoing projects.
The job is based in the Arnhem office.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Sustainable Energy Technology or Power Electronics.
- A working knowledge of energy storage using BESS, including, but not limited to, battery chemistry, duty cycling and performance, design optimisation for efficiency and reliability, battery safety and battery inverter systems.
- At least 5 years of experience with proven project engineering and delivery experience of solar photovoltaic and battery energy storage systems in an engineering or consulting environment, including design, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Competent in battery systems design, MV & LV substation integration, supervision of battery installation and commissioning activities, development of battery tender specifications and review of tender responses;
- Knowledge in industrial protocols used in BESS & PV e.g. ModBus, SunSpec is a plus;
- You are a team player, yet accountable for your own work, and you can work autonomously; a strategic thinker yet also very practical; an innovator and catalyst for change.
- Dedicated work ethic, driving on-time and high quality results with fit for purpose solutions
- Your English is excellent; any additional European language is advantageous.
- You underline our mission and values (reliable, sustainable, approachable, progressive and fast-paced), and enjoy learning new things.
- You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily connect with others in informal ways.
- We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
- We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
- You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
- We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
- The base salary level (all in) is oriented towards 70,000 EUR; The on target annual incentive is 20% - with a maximum of 40%.
Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive pension plan and unlimited vacation days.
- We have flexible (hybrid) working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
Then it’s time to apply! Please submit your resumé in English.