The Company – Milence
Established in July 2022, we are dedicated to making the future of road transport fossil-free. By building and managing reliable and secure high-performance charging solutions, our mission is to support and accelerate the transition to zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles in Europe. The team is working quickly to scale up operations and network deployment.
As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams who are dedicated to our vision: a world of fossil-free transport, which will go on to combat climate change.
With a focus on sustainable growth and the best possible collaboration among all stakeholders, we are looking for colleagues eager to make an impact and ready to support and accelerate the zero-emission future of road transport in Europe.
While our Dutch offices are in Amsterdam and Arnhem, our focus is distinctly pan-European and our team is growing throughout the continent.
The Operations Department is responsible for a timely and effective network roll-out and the performance of Milence's charging infrastructure across Europe. The key to this roll-out is ensuring a safe, secure, and reliable way of working and standardized roll-out procedures with selected partners in each country.
In addition, operations must ensure timely permits, procurement of contracted goods and services, necessary grid connections and sustainable energy.
Operations are also responsible for ‘uptime’, as well for the Network Operating Centre; this includes a customer contact centre and the management and maintenance of all civil and electrical engineering assets required to operate the charging infrastructure, as well as other assets such as security solutions, power distribution, washroom facilities and Wi-Fi access.
As an Operations Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and optimizing the operations of our infrastructure and charging sites. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage day-to-day operations, and drive operational excellence to meet customer demands and business objectives.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement efficient operational processes to support the growth of our operations;
- Manage and optimize the end-to-end operational workflow, including supply chain management, inventory control, logistics, and distribution;
- Monitor and analyse key operational metrics, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions to enhance operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness;
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, quality assurance, and operational excellence;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, vendors, and maintenance partners to ensure timely delivery of products and services;
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) related to operations;
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Data, IT and Technology teams to provide insights and feedback for the improvement of products and processes;
- Conduct audits and assessments to identify areas of operational risk and implement mitigation strategies;
- Manage budgets, including forecasting and cost control measures;
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulations related to eMobility and secure truck parking’s to drive innovation and compliance within operations.
The job will be based in our Amsterdam and/or Arnhem office.
Who are we looking for?
You have at least 5 years’ experience in operations management, preferably in the eMobility industry.
You have strong knowledge of supply chain management, logistics, inventory control, and distribution processes.
You have an analytical mindset with the ability to identify operational bottlenecks and implement effective solutions.
You have exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
You are familiar with relevant software tools and systems for operations management.
Your English and Dutch are excellent.
You will lead or participate in cross-functional projects aimed at optimizing processes, launching new products, or entering new markets.
You are eager to acquire deep technical knowledge (to understand our assets and any problems/errors related to them).
You look forward to learning new things and pick them up quickly, this includes -new skills, environments, people skills and you are resilient.
You underline our mission and values (specifically: reliable, sustainable, and fast-paced).
You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily connect with others in informal ways.
We are especially interested in diverse candidates
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
The base salary level (all in) is oriented towards 80.000 EUR; The on target annual incentive is 20% - with a maximum of 40%. In addition to this, a Mobility Allowance/ Lease car is part of the package.
Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive pension plan and unlimited vacation days.
We have flexible (hybrid) working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
If you have any questions about the position, contact us via email@example.com.