Network Operating Centre Manager
The Company – Milence
The transition to a sustainable and fossil free road transport across Europe is possible. We accelerate this transition by building and managing a reliable, high-performance charging network that you can trust. Our charging stations are designed to provide the best rest and recharge experience.
We achieve it with the right people and innovative ideas. People, who are ready to support and accelerate the future of clean road transport in Europe in an approachable way. As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams that embrace the possibilities of a progressive and sustainable future, with reliability at its core.
While our main offices are in the Netherlands, we are not letting this stop us from working with the best talent across Europe. Our goal is to make a real difference not only within Europe but also on a global scale. After all, we have only one world.
Reliability is the cornerstone of accelerating the shift to electric transportation. Only by being extremely reliable can we guarantee seamless charging at Milence. The collaboration among our teams fosters cross-functional synergy, ensuring we provide of the best rest and recharge experience.
Our Technology specialists focus on R&D, charging, energy storage, and (cyber)security. The Digital Factory is responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of digital products and services, ensuring their alignment with the latest technological advancements. Our Data experts ensure data quality, governance, insights, analytics and reporting. They facilitate charging sessions, network planning, and real-time reservations. Network Operations is the central hub of on-site operations, monitoring site activity and maintenance. Asset Management, supported by site engineers, is responsible for pro-active maintenance and investment decisions. They manage the assets of charging infrastructure, security solutions, power distribution, and facilities.
As Network Operating Centre Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the building and later on the day-to-day operations of the Network Operating Centre. Your job is to ensure that the charging sites are running smoothly, and the customers are satisfied.
The Network Operating Centre (NOC) will be built around 5 activities: monitor all operating sites in Europe; identify incidents and control; continuous improvement; pro-active control of charging infrastructure and training & development.
To ensure the creation and efficient management of the NOC, you will:
- Make sure that all safety protocols are being followed and that the charging stations are up to code and comply with regulations.
- Develop and implement policies for the Network Operating Centre
- Oversee the maintenance (in cooperation with the asset management team) of the sites and make sure that any issues are resolved quickly to minimize downtime.
- Track usage and revenue.
- Supervise and overview the outsourcing of Milence’s first- and second-line support: monitoring SLA’s, continuous improvement and escalating if SLAs are not met.
- Send out work orders to contractors from the system including monitoring the completions and bringing the assets online.
- Hire, train and manage staff (technicians, contractors and customer service representatives) at the Network Operating Centre.
You will work with the Marketing & Data, Technology, Asset Management and IT teams to ensure that the Operating Centre is meeting their needs and objectives.
Because we are a young company, we will need to learn from results and secure continuous improvements for Network Operating Centre.
The job will be based in our Arnhem office. As we need to offer a 24/7 service, working (from home or in the office) during evenings and weekends will be occasionally part of this job.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in both managerial and technical roles in asset management-driven environments.
- Proven expertise in service centre environments.
- Hold a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, mechanics, science, or mathematics.
- Proficient in reviewing open network issues. Able to conduct thorough analysis and diagnose diverse solutions.
- Experience in operational excellence and with an agile way of working. Lean, Agile, or Kaizen certification is a plus.
- Keen to acquire in-depth technical knowledge to comprehend our assets and troubleshoot related problems/errors.
- Strong preference for experience in Electric Vehicle (EV) industry.
- Excellent command of English. Proficiency in an additional European language is advantageous.
- You align with our mission and values. You embody reliability, sustainability, approachability and progressiveness and you have a fast-paced mindset.
- Energetic, positive, and adept at building informal connections with others.
- Promoting diversity, we encourage applications from candidates with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
The base salary level (all in) is oriented towards 110,000 EUR; The on target annual incentive is 30% - with a maximum of 60%. In addition to this, a Mobility Allowance/Lease car is part of the package.
Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive pension plan and unlimited vacation days.
We have flexible working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
At Milence, we know that life can go in many directions, and there’s more than one way to be knowledgeable. That’s why we value diversity; regardless of how you got here, if you’re interested in one of our roles, we want to hear from you. In our experience, if you don’t tick every box, you may be wary about applying. Yet, we invite you to apply to drive the innovation and creativity needed to realise our mission.
Be a part of a sustainable future and apply now! Please submit your resumé in English.