Location Acquisition Manager Spain
The Company – Milence
The transition to a sustainable and fossil free road transport across Europe is possible. We accelerate this transition by building and managing a reliable, high-performance charging network that you can trust. Our charging stations are designed to provide the best rest and recharge experience.
We achieve it with the right people and innovative ideas. People, who are ready to support and accelerate the future of clean road transport in Europe in an approachable way. As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams that embrace the possibilities of a progressive and sustainable future, with reliability at its core.
While our main offices are in the Netherlands, we are not letting this stop us from working with the best talent across Europe. Our goal is to make a real difference not only within Europe but also on a global scale. After all, we have only one world.
The Department - Network
It all starts with a network of good rest and recharge locations – and the driving force of Milence is our network team, a collective of passionate professionals. Within regionally led teams our Location Acquisition Managers identify the best possible locations to build and expand our network and close commercial agreements. Our Deployment Managers are involved from the start to ensure effective roll-out and expansion plan for our sites. Our Specialists offer technological expertise, ensure operational efficiency and make deployment processes seamless as we build more sites. The Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Quality Managers establish and implement strategic HSSEQ objectives providing a safe and sustainable environment throughout our network.
This all enables Milence to push at the forefront of high-performance heavy duty charging infrastructure across Europe.
Come charge the future and apply now.
As a Location Acquisition Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing a selection of viable sites where we can deploy our charging infrastructure. This includes supporting the permitting process, supporting the grid connection process, and all other activities necessary to let our site engineers and deployment managers start with the site's development. In addition to this, you will be responsible for all aspects of contracting any given location.
Your responsibilities include:
- Identifying potential locations to develop charging infrastructure.
- Aligning with internal stakeholders to determine which sites to contract.
- Initiating negotiations with location owners and/or operators to contract the sites and/or rights to develop.
- Setting up the lease, purchase or licensing agreements with the different location owners.
- Supporting the necessary permits and/or approvals that are essential for site development.
- Becoming a location expert and knowing the entire landscape of (possible) locations.
- Creating and optimizing the process for contracting new sites.
- Building relationships with key external stakeholders and aligning with them on processes and agreements.
- Continuously update internal stakeholders about progression/challenges that may arise.
Since we are an exciting new start-up, not all responsibilities have been defined yet, meaning you have the opportunity to help us shape your position further.
The job will be based in Spain.
Who are we looking for?
- You have extensive experience in site contracting within commercial real estate or a similar field. Preferably, you have experience with acquisition/contracting for charging solutions or complex electrical projects.
- You’re strong at negotiating contracts, networking and identifying future risks.
- You have extensive commercial business development experience and can identify interesting opportunities.
- You can convert opportunities into strategy, improvements or innovations which contribute to better business performance.
- Affinity with the renewable energy sector/e-mobility is a plus.
- Your Spanish and English are excellent.
- You can work independently, are a great communicator and you collaborate well with internal- and external stakeholders.
- You look forward to learning new things and pick them up quickly, this includes -new skills, environments, people skills and are resilient.
- You align with our mission and values (specifically: reliable, sustainable, approachable, progressive and fast-paced).
- You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily engage others in various ways.
- We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
- We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
- We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
- We are currently shaping the overall packages and benefits.
Ready to charge the future?
At Milence, we know that life can go in many directions, and there’s more than one way to be knowledgeable. That’s why we value diversity; regardless of how you got here, if you’re interested in one of our roles, we want to hear from you. In our experience, if you don’t tick every box, you may be wary about applying. Yet, we invite you to apply to drive the innovation and creativity needed to realise our mission.
Come charge the future and apply now! Please submit your resumé in English.