The Company – Milence
The transition to a sustainable and fossil free road transport across Europe is possible. We accelerate this transition by building and managing a reliable, high-performance charging network that you can trust. Our charging stations are designed to provide the best rest and recharge experience.
We achieve it with the right people and innovative ideas. People, who are ready to support and accelerate the future of clean road transport in Europe in an approachable way. As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams that embrace the possibilities of a progressive and sustainable future, with reliability at its core.
While our main offices are in the Netherlands, we are not letting this stop us from working with the best talent across Europe. Our goal is to make a real difference not only within Europe but also on a global scale. After all, we have only one world.
The Department - Network
It all starts with a network of good rest and recharge locations – and the driving force of Milence is our network team, a collective of passionate professionals. Within regionally led teams our Location Acquisition Managers identify the best possible locations to build and expand our network and close commercial agreements. Our Deployment Managers are involved from the start to ensure effective roll-out and expansion plan for our sites. Our Specialists offer technological expertise, ensure operational efficiency and make deployment processes seamless as we build more sites. The Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Quality Managers establish and implement strategic HSSEQ objectives providing a safe and sustainable environment throughout our network.
This all enables Milence to push at the forefront of high-performance heavy duty charging infrastructure across Europe.
As HSSEQ Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing health, safety, security, environmental and quality policies & procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices across your region.
In this role you will support the permitting process, safety, quality for engineering, construction and operations of Milence sites.
You will engage with the Network, Operations and Maintenance teams on a day-to-day basis, leading all HSSEQ topics. In this role you will report to the HSSEQ Lead, who is responsible for all HSSEQ across Europe. You will also collaborate closely with the other regional HSSEQ Managers.
Your responsibilities are
- Conducting risk assessments and hazard analyses to identify potential hazards and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Training team members on health, safety, security, environmental and quality policies and procedures, and ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Monitoring and audit workplace practices to ensure that health, safety, security, environmental and quality policies and procedures are being followed.
- Conducting audits and Investigate accidents, incidents and non-conformities to identify the root cause and develop strategies to prevent recurrence and identify areas for improvement
- Developing emergency response plans and procedures to respond to incidents, such as fires, chemical spills, or natural disasters.
- Managing building and environmental Permits and establish good relationships with local authorities
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with suppliers and implementing quality control procedures to ensure that their products or services meet the company's quality standards.
- Collaborating with all departments, such as network, operations and maintenance, to ensure that health, safety, security, environmental and quality considerations are integrated into all aspects of Milence.
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory requirements and industry best practices, and make recommendations on how to improve health, safety, security, environmental and quality performance.
- Reporting regularly on quality metrics and KPI’s to Regional Leads and HSSEQ Lead.
- Be a member of the Milence Emergency Response team.
- Some travel will be required within your region and to Milence Netherlands offices.
Who are we looking for?
- Higher Vocational education in occupational health and safety, environmental science, quality or a related field.
- You have least 5 years with relevant work experience in a similar role within Manufacturing, EV Charging, Oil & Gas, TNO/DSO, Offshore Contractors or industries with a high HSSEQ maturity level.
- You have a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and industry best practices (Labor Act, Environmental Act etc.)
- You are familiar with Risk Assessment and Risk Matrix tools (FMEA, Hazop, Hazid), Maintenance & HSSEQ (Maximo), ACC Document control, MS Projects.
- Your written and spoken English & German is excellent.
- You are fast-paced and thrive in an environment where not all responsibilities are set in stone yet, you identify opportunities and are not afraid to take ownership of unallocated responsibilities
- You have great communication skills, are approachable and are trustworthy. You’re involved in the joint goals and ambitions we have and offer a helping hand to your co-workers, making you a real team player.
- You are solution oriented. As a start-up/scale-up we encounter challenges on a regular basis. You appreciate the opportunities that comes with this and can get progressive solutions in place that are both fast-paced and sustainable.
- You are progressive, reliable and have a can-do mentality. You look forward to learning new things and pick them up quickly.
- You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily connect with others in informal ways.
- We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
- We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
- You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
- We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
- We have flexible (hybrid) working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
At Milence, we know that life can go in many directions, and there’s more than one way to be knowledgeable. That’s why we value diversity; regardless of how you got here, if you’re interested in one of our roles, we want to hear from you. In our experience, if you don’t tick every box, you may be wary about applying. Yet, we invite you to apply to drive the innovation and creativity needed to realise our mission.
Come charge the future and apply now! Please submit your resumé in English.