Deployment Manager France
The Company – Milence
Established in July 2022, we are dedicated to making the future of road transport fossil-free. By building and managing reliable and secure high-performance charging solutions, our mission is to support and accelerate the transition to zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles in Europe. The team is working quickly to scale up operations and network deployment.
As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams who are dedicated to our vision: a world of fossil-free transport, which will go on to combat climate change.
With a focus on sustainable growth and the best possible collaboration among all stakeholders, we are looking for colleagues eager to make an impact and ready to support and accelerate the zero-emission future of road transport in Europe.
While our head office is in the Netherlands, our focus is distinctly pan-European and our team is growing throughout the continent.
The operations department is responsible for a timely and effective network roll-out and the performance of Milence's charging infrastructure across Europe. The key to this roll-out is ensuring a safe, secure and reliable way of working and standardized roll-out procedures with selected partners in each country.
In addition, operations must ensure timely permits, procurement of contracted goods and services, necessary grid connections and sustainable energy. Operations are also responsible for ‘uptime’ , as well for the Network Operating Centre; this includes a customer contact centre and the management and maintenance of all civil and electrical engineering assets required to operate the charging infrastructure, as well as other assets such as security solutions, power distribution, washroom facilities and Wi-Fi access.
As a Deployment Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the deployment of charging sites in France. This will include the acquiring of permits, securing grid connections, civil works and construction. You will be responsible for the project until the site is operational.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deployment planning (milestones/activities), including scope and budget planning at the start of each project.
- Managing and overseeing the delivery of the charging site, including installation design, construction drawings, acquiring necessary permits and grid connection.
- Managing external contractors to ensure the quality and safety standards are met, and therefore Milence’s high reputation is maintained.
- Continuously evaluating project deliverables and performance with relevant stakeholders in the deployment process, including property owners/managers, permitting authorities and grid operators.
- Manage ongoing relationships with key Milence teams (e.g. asset management, engineering, SHEQ).
- Ensuring transparency on project costs and monitoring budget.
- Identify issues affecting feasibility and timelines for the new charging sites and ensure sites are delivered cost-effectively within the established timeline.
As part of a brand-new start-up, you have the opportunity to work with us to define your role and shape your position within the company.
The job will be based in France. You will be required to travel within the country/countries that you are responsible for, particularly the sites in your area, for the role to be successful.
Who are we looking for?
- You have at least 5 years of experience as deployment manager or in another similar position. Preferably you have experience with project management within the construction industry and feel comfortable with highly complex (electro)technical installation projects.
- You have extensive experience in project and vendor management.
- You have the ability to work independently while also being able to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- An affinity with the renewable energy sector/e-mobility is highly desired.
- You have Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems and make well-judged decisions.
- Your English and French are excellent; any additional European language is advantageous.
- You underline our mission and values (reliable, sustainable, approachable, progressive and fast-paced), and enjoy learning new things.
- You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily connect with others in informal ways.
- We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
We understand that flexible hybrid working is a part of the future and benefit our team, which is why we include flexible work arrangements for our staff.
Ready to charge the future?
Then it’s time to apply! Please submit your resumé in English.