Business / Financial Modeler
The Company – Milence
Established in July 2022, we are dedicated to making the future of road transport fossil-free. By building and managing reliable and secure high-performance charging solutions, our mission is to support and accelerate the transition to zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles in Europe. The team is working quickly to scale up operations and network deployment.
As a fast-growing company, we want to build diverse teams who are dedicated to our vision: a world of fossil-free transport, which will go on to combat climate change.
With a focus on sustainable growth and the best possible collaboration among all stakeholders, we are looking for colleagues eager to make an impact and ready to support and accelerate the zero-emission future of road transport in Europe.
While our Dutch offices are in Amsterdam and Arnhem, our focus is distinctly pan-European and our team is growing throughout the continent.
The Finance Department is responsible for the typical key functions like accounting, reporting, controlling, financial planning & analysis, treasury, and tax. In addition, procurement function as well as the project management office are part of the Finance Department.
On the one hand, we need to ensure the best financial management practice to meet the highest standards in compliance obligations and at the same time, we must balance these responsibilities with the need to contribute to the creation of value.
Our company is set to change the future of an industry, which will require substantial investments. The finance department plays a key role to support all decision making on that journey with sound strategic planning, smart analysis, and proper risk management. Our company will make a difference – it is the goal of the finance department to enable this.
As a young company, we are still building our department. It consists of a team of highly professional and dedicated people across all functions who enjoy what they do.
As a Business / Financial Modeler, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex Business/financial models to support decision-making, forecasting, and strategic planning processes. Your expertise financial analysis will be essential in providing accurate and insightful financial projections, scenario analysis, and performance evaluations.
These are the key responsibilities and tasks for this role:
- Design, build, and maintain complex business/financial models to support business/finance planning, budgeting, forecasting and decision making processes.
- Analyze and evaluate existing business/financial models to identify areas for improvement, cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Growth Department, Operations, Marketing, Technology, IT and People, to gather relevant data and insights for modelling and analysis.
- Develop and analyze financial scenarios, conduct sensitivity analysis, and assess the financial impact of different business decisions and strategies.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis, identify trends, anomalies, and insights, and provide recommendations based on model outputs.
- Work closely with colleagues from the Finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, develop financial forecasts, and provide input for financial planning and budgeting processes
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices in business/financial modelling.
- Continuously improve business/financial models by implementing automation, enhancing functionality, and streamlining processes to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide training and support to team members and stakeholders on business/financial modelling concepts, tools, and best practices.
The job will be based in our Amsterdam and/or Arnhem office.
Who are we looking for?
You will be the ideal candidate for this role if you hold a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or IT related field.
You have proven experience (2-3 years) as a Business Modeler, Financial Analyst, or similar role, with a strong focus on modelling.
You are proficient in financial modelling and data analysis using tools such as Microsoft Excel, financial planning software (Preferably Vena Solution), and Power BI.
You bring solid understanding of finance principles, financial statements, valuation techniques, and key financial metrics.
You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
Ideally you have knowledge of industry trends, market dynamics, and regulatory frameworks relevant to the organization's business models.
Your English is excellent (and if you do not speak Dutch that is fine).
You look forward to learning new things and pick them up quickly, this includes -new skills, environments, people skills and are resilient.
You underline our mission and values (reliable, sustainable, approachable, progressive and fast-paced).
You radiate energy, are a positive thinker and easily connect with others in informal ways.
We are especially interested in diverse candidates.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join us at the unique starting phase of a new company with a real purpose, high aspirations and strong team spirit. You can be there as it begins.
You will be part of a high-energy environment in which you can help shape various aspects. You will learn every day and have ample room for personal development and support.
We want you to join our company for a career – not for just a job – and support your personal career ambitions in or outside your department.
The base salary level (all in) is oriented towards 70.000 EUR; The on target annual incentive is 20% - with a maximum of 40%.
Furthermore, we offer a comprehensive pension plan and unlimited vacation days.
We have flexible (hybrid) working arrangements.
Ready to charge the future?
Please submit your resumé in English.